Welcome to the dedicated media pages designed to support you in your Scouting role. If you have any questions or need any help please contact the County Media and Communications Manager
There is a wealth of information on the national members area from The Scout Association.
Mobile Display Unit
The County has a Mobile Display Unit (MDU) which can be borrowed by Scout Groups and Districts within the County of West Yorkshire to publicise Scouting at local events.
There is no charge to groups in West Yorkshire for using the MDU, however borrowers must be insured for both transporting the vehicle to the event and for damages occurred as a result of using the MDU.
The MDU comes equipped with the following standard and optional equipment. Optional equipment must be ordered at the time of booking.
- Overhead Projector & Screen – (you need to supply your own laptop)
- A small supply of promotional leaflets
- A PVC 3m by 3m banner advertising scouting in West Yorkshire
- A wheel clamp and Towing locks (these must be used when the vehicle is not in transit)
- Powerlead to external power supply
- Full Public Address System
- Charging point for mobile devices
- DVD Player
- LED TV Screen
- Wii & Watersports game
Media Active Support Unit
The county has a Media Scout Active Support Unit. It is made up of people who have lots of skills and interests in media, in particular
- Staging of Events including sound,lighting and staging
- Video Editing
- Online Promotion
Our aim is to both support events in the County and to share skills and media opportunities with others. If you need any support for any of your events no matter how small please contact us, we may not be able to come along, but we will give you every support that we can, to make your event a real success.