- Big Necker at a Big Celebration Monday December 05th, 2016
What a great day we had today at Flamingo Land ! Cub scouts and leaders from the 39th Parkwood (Huddersfield SW) and 15th Cowcliffe (Huddersfield North) represented West Yorkshire at the unveiling of the biggest necker ever ! Back in January, Cub Scout Packs had been invited to submit two neckers to ...
- Cubs Crime Day in local Community Tuesday November 22nd, 2016
West Yorkshire Police and the University of Huddersfield have teamed up with local Cub packs to help teach the youngsters to ‘be prepared’ and help prevent crime. The three organisations have worked in partnership to create a crime prevention badge which local cubs can earn after completing a programme of ...
- Grant awarded to support the Outdoors Tuesday October 11th, 2016
Bradley Wood Scout Campsite & Activity Centre is awarded $25,000 grant to support Environmental awareness and Outdoor Learning for Young People Bradley Wood Scout Campsite & Activity Centre is located in Brighouse, West Yorkshire and is run by West Yorkshire Scouts. Primarily, it offers camping, accommodation and a wide range of outdoor activities ...
- WYS on Show helps Hospital Group Monday September 26th, 2016
What a great welcome for us tonight at the 1st Sheffield Children’s hospital scout group. Many thanks to Stella, Sam, Oliver, Kayleigh and Alice who represented the 2016 WYS on SHOW cast to join me in presenting our cheque for £667 to support the development of the new facilities at the ...
- Opportunities, Growth and Celebration Monday September 19th, 2016
On Thursday 15th September the county gathered to celebrate another successful year of growth and opportunity in West Yorkshire. The tremendous work that everyone in the county has done has resulted in some of the best growth figures for some years as our County Commissioner explains : It will come as no surprise ...
- Bradley Wood a Winner ! Sunday August 14th, 2016
Bradley Wood Scout Campsite in Brighouse has been named as a regional winner in the Jewson Building Better Communities competition, with the project scooping £5,000 to spend on building materials. The materials will be used to rejuvenate the service team building which following a leak, floors and hallways have been badly ...
- Our Summer Camp Friday August 12th, 2016
Over the summer holidays many members of The Scout Association take part in Summer Camps, whether at the local site, at a jamboree or a bit further afield. This year 46th Bradford North ventured to their local site, Blackhills and this is there story. Summer Camp was a fantastic success. Our ...
- 46th Bradford : Summer Adventure Sunday August 07th, 2016
Every term’s programme has something for everyone but in the summer term groups like to the out and about as much as possible as this account from Bev Howard at 46th Bradford explains. At the beginning of July fifty members of our group joined 300 others at Blackhills to celebrate 30 ...
- Thoughts of a Youth Commissioner Wednesday August 03rd, 2016
Following the appointment of National Youth Commissioner’s West Yorkshire has wasted no time in extending the same vision to the county. The county has appointed two County Youth Commissioner’s and each district has been busy appointing District Youth Commissioner’s. These are the thoughts from Amy Stanton, District Youth Commissioner for ...
- Scouts have “Great Fun” on the water Thursday July 07th, 2016
The County Water Day took place at Pugneys, near Wakefield. The weather didn’t dampen the enthisisim of the young people from accross the county who came along to lots of fun on the water. Here’s the stories of two Scouts who came along. Pugneys canoe and Kayak Day I got out of the ...
- About Us
- Get Involved
- Programme Section Support
- Adult Recognition
- Adult Training
- International Opportunities
- Online Tools
- Media Centre
- Young Leaders
- Campsites and Centres
- Bradley Wood Scout Activity Centre
- Green Withens County Watersports Centre
- Blackhills Scout Activity Centre
- Blakedean Scout Hostel
- Curly Hill Scout Campsite
- Fanwood Activity Centre
- Hag Dyke Hostel
- Hebden Hey Scout Centre
- Reva Scout Sailing Centre
- Scammonden Activity Centre
- 1st Spen Valley Barn
- Sconce Scout Campsite
- Whitley Beaumont Scout Campsite
- Woolley Edge Scout Campsite