This is a new event open to Scouts, Explorers and Leaders within West Yorkshire. The rules for the event are based on the National Scout Car Races.
The event is to be held on Saturday 9th June 2018 venue to be confirmed. This will give time for teams to design, construct and prepare for a great fun day. We hope that you will take up the challenge and look forward to hearing from you initially with an expression of interest.
To find out more about Scout Cars why not visit the Scout Cars website
Deadline for Team Entries is the 9th May 2018.
Regulations for Construction of Scout Cars
There must be four road wheels to be conventionally arranged in two pairs
- Maximum overall length of car to be 2030mm
- Maximum overall width of car to be 1125mm
- Maximum overall wheel diameter (measured over the inflated tyre) to be 560mm
- Maximum height of uncompressed seat cushion to be 610mm above ground level
- Minimum distance between front and rear axle to be 650mm.
The motive force shall be that of a single driver. Any system to alter velocity ratio between input and output is permitted e.g. gears
- Steering shall be provided such that the car has a turning circle of not more than 10 metres
- The design of the steering shall be such that the wheels can be moved from full left lock to full right lock in one uninterrupted movement
- Steering must be effective on front wheels by a safe system of rods or cables. All linkages must be secure and free of excessive play
Braking must be efficient, effective and balanced on at least two wheels with due allowance for wear during racing.
The back of the seat may incline slightly but not be excessive and prevent a clear and easy view to the front of the car. Excessive recline on the seat, which in the opinion of the sructineer does not give easy view, will fail the car on safety grounds.
If a fairing is fitted, all pedallers must be tall enough to be able to see over it or through a transparent windscreen if fitted.
There shall be no protruding or sharp edges which could cause injury in the event of a collision.
The design of the car must allow the driver to get into and out of the car unaided.
Space must be provided front and rear for an A4 size number and on both sides for an A5 size number.
This specification is for Scoutcars racing in Scoutcar events.
Should you wish to enter cars in BFPCR events, the specifications regarding lighting etc. can be found on the BFPCR website.