About the Course
- The course will allow Scout Leaders aged 18+ to safely deliver fencing with your Scout groups.
- Provides Scout Leaders with the knowledge, skills and attributes to effectively coach young people pre-planned sessions.
- Develops coaching skills and the technical & tactical aspects of defence and attack.
As part of the offer you will receive the following:
- Delivery of Fencing Core Coach course at the heavily discounted price of £30pp (normally £85pp).
- Free Go Fence Bronze Award badges and certificates for those Scouts that complete the award. This award has been aligned to the Master At Arms Badge.
- Support from British Fencing to link you with local clubs and coaches.
- Access to future refresher courses.
What you need to do
As part of the partnership and once you have completed the training, you will be required to
- Deliver a minimum of 6 sessions of fencing (this does not have to be consecutive weeks).
- Target young people aged 11+.
- Complete the register that you will be provided with and return to British Fencing to be uploaded onto the British Fencing Monitoring and evaluation tool.